What is it about?
This information includes what we do to protect your privacy, and if you have any questions about our privacy practices.
1. Privacy Practice: Epical HealthMed understands the importance of keeping your health information private. We follow strict privacy policies in accordance with state and federal law. If you have questions or would like additional information regarding our privacy practices, please call 956.600.7258
2. HIPPA: You can find our Notice of Privacy Practice to comply with updated regulations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). Some of the points are:
- Epical HealthMed won’t use your protected health information for marketing communications except where the law permits.
- You have the right to be notified if there’s a security breach that involves your protected health information.
- Epical HealthMed won’t use or disclose genetic information for underwriting purposes.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to make a written request for an electronic copy of information that we keep in a designated record.
- Epical HealthMed won’t use or disclose your protected health information in any way other than those described in our Notice of Privacy Practices unless we have a signed authorization.
To get more information about your rights under HIPAA, visit: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy